Wednesday, May 31, 2017

End of the School Year Fun and Festivities

I remember as a kid the end of the school year was the best. The prospect of Summer is there, and school is all about celebrating and basically using up mandatory days with fun.

Peyton had a fun "camp out" day (their 1st grade theme was camping so this went along with that), where they played games and had a lot of outside fun. My only complaint is that she asked if Wes could be the one to come help out that day. So not only did he get to go have fun during this activity he also got to do their one field trip this year too, and I like a sucker did all the classroom helping. I kid of course, because I love being in the classroom. But, seriously, how did Wes manage to be invited to all the really fun days?!

And it seemed like those 2 had a lot of fun that day. He was good enough to take some photos, and Peyton's darling teacher sent me some as well. For anyone wondering, we simply LOVED her teacher this year. She was the bomb.com honestly. Other teachers could learn a lot from her!

But, I got cute pictures of them and really am so glad he can help out and be an active part of her education.
canoe racing:
Tossing the ball or something (I'm sure this had a cute camping twist, I just don't know what it was):
Dressing up in appropriate camping gear and racing:
Stacking cups (again, not sure the relevance of this):
Making binoculars and lanterns:
Fishing:
And of course eating s'mores:

Their school also put on an end of the year art show. We try to go to as many school activities as possible and always have fun. This was a fun one because besides displaying their work, they also had hands on drawing activities, and Peyton even won the raffle (and got some markers).

Then there was the end of the 3rd trimester awards. Peyton was recognized for meeting all 1st grade standards as well as excelling in reading.


Her teacher (who like I said is the best) also recognized me for my help. How sweet is that?! She had all the kids decorate a flower and write sweet notes on the back. She put it in a pitcher with the phrase  "Thank you for pitching in this year! You helped our classroom so much!" And included a gift card to Target. What?! I would be lying if I said I didn't get all teary eyed as they did it. What do you expect, I cry about any and everything these days.
Leaving 1st grade is so bitter sweet. I loved her teacher, her class, and how sweet 1st grade was. But, she learned so much and it is so fun to watch her continue to grow and advance. But, honestly the growing up to this mama is more bitter than sweet. Can't they stay young a little longer?!






No comments: