Friday, April 7, 2017

Drive-In

I took the family (minus Griff) to their first ever drive-in movie experience. We opted to leave Griffin sleeping at my parents house since it was just down the street and let's be honest, the experience wouldn't have been all that fun with him in the car with us. And yes, I am including Wes in this. Can you believe in his almost 34 years of life he has never been to a drive-in?! I know, I am shocked too.

The girls were in heaven with just the anticipation of the event. We geared up with drinks, candy and LOTS of popcorn (thank you Nana and Boppie), put an air mattress, pillow and blankets in the back of the van and headed out to double feature Boss Baby and Beauty and the Beast.

It was pretty magical actually. I learned we needed more blankets and pillows next time, but it was pretty comfy all things considered. Well, maybe too comfy seeing how both girls were completely knocked out 2 minutes into Beauty and the Beast. So it was a pretty romantic movie date night for me and Wes that second movie. If you can count 2 little sleeping girls between the 2 of us being romantic.

I don't think this was our last experience either because we all had a lot of fun!


No comments: