Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Sea World Fieldtrip 2017

We headed to Sea World for another preschool field trip in March along with our cousins and even Nana and Boppie. The best part was that I didn't have to do any of the planning this time around thanks to Heidi for heading it up.

The weather was the nicest it's ever been! Absolutely perfect! The day was just about as perfect as could be too. The only bummer was when Wes lost our ATM card, and the only thing we had with us that day to pay for anything. (This comes right after our car died from driving through the mini river, and Wes' wallet being stolen out of our car a few weeks before) and I wasn't as patient as I probably should've been with him... but seriously, can you blame me?! The good news was after walking all over the park and then checking the Lost and Found we lucked out that someone returned it and we happily retrieved it. (I should have said Wes was lucky because I think he was less worried about the card and more worried about dealing with an irritated wife).

We ended the evening in Old Town San Diego at the cutest Mexican restaurant (where kids eat free) and a nice walk around the area. It was pretty magical.

It was a great day, and it's days like this that make me consider homeschooling. Then I think of having to teach most days at home and I am pretty sure sending them to school at this point is more beneficial to everyone involved.

 The ice wall in the polar exhibit
 These manta-rays were so sweet. They were kinda like dogs, they loved being pet and this guy wouldn't leave Jovie for the longest time once she started rubbing it's back.
 Peyton's first true-blue roller coaster ride. She LOVED it! She said it was fun and scary. At one point the g-force was too strong and her poor little head got stuck down. But the next 2 times she went on it she screamed and laughed and begged to do it more. And I will confirm this was indeed an actual roller coaster. Wes took her on the first time and I took her the next 2 times. The first time I was on it I just couldn't believe my baby was riding this crazy, fast ride and my mommy-heart worried.That's usually why Wes takes her first, he is better about not stressing. I did take Jovie on Atlantis for the first time at the end of the day and she (not being a daredevil in the least) hated it. She laughed at the end of it, but did not want to do it again. She didn't cry but during the fast part of that ride she yelled, "Get me off this thing!!!"really dramatically, and I couldn't help but laugh as I tried to hold her in a comforting way (as much as one can on a roller coaster).
 This was after the pet show and you can meet and greet the "stars". Griffin got a lot of love from this fella' and loved every moment of it.
 The Sesame Street play area was a hit.
 We were all starved and ready to eat! This place had the best chips and salsa and bean dip while we waited. We were happy we chose that place.

No comments: