Saturday, December 31, 2016

A Year in Review: 2016

I must admit the years when my babies are born are my favorites. I don't care what other crap happened during the course of the year, the mere fact I get to hold a precious baby, my own precious baby, makes my whole world full of happiness.  So like any other year there were good times and of course really hard times and all the times in between, but when I look back at the year as a whole it can only be looked at with pure gratitude and joy because I got to have a baby. And the love that enters into a house with a baby is immeasurable.

So let's look at the rest of 2016:

-Jovie started Sunbeams... she was as young as a kid could be, but she totally rocked it!
-Wes and I celebrated 10 years of marriage. 10 years people! We celebrated with a cruise to Santa Barbara and Ensenada as a Christmas gift/anniversary trip/and babymoon.
-Had another fun snow day!
-Peyton had her 1st daddy daughter dance at school, masquerade style.
-Celebrated Valentines Day (as well as all the other fun holidays). Each holiday this year was incredible as my kids were at the age of perfect understanding to having fun with everything ratio.
-We had a lot of fun vacations this year as well. One little trip (Jovie's favorite) was camping at Doheny Beach with my family on Valentine's Day weekend. Coldest night of my life but really such a great little trip other than that frigid night.
-Spring Break: science experiments, beach days, hikes, tramp park (and an injury), and an airshow
-My birthday
-Wes' birthday
-GRIFFIN'S BIRTHDAY! Best day of the year for sure!!! All 7lbs 13 oz of that boy is amazing!
-He came a week early, even with my early c-section date, and recovery was harder than I anticipated
-Mother's Day--- I stepped up my game this year as I mothered 3 children, Wes followed with a good Father's Day too.
-Summer Fun! Beach days, movies, dates with my man, swimming, tree climbing, fishing, golf camp for Peyton, 4th of July fun and the first year of Grammy Camp!!!
-Wes gave Griffin a beautiful blessing at our ward in Moreno Valley
-Peyton turned 6 at Yosemite National Park
-Oh yeah..... Yosemite vacation!!!
-Utah trip for a wedding. And a really fun week there!
-Peyton started 1st grade (sob) This mama loves my kids and every single one of their ages but the idea of them growing just about kills me!
-Grandpa Bob passed away, but at least my kids finally met him. We attended his funeral in Mesquite, Nevada.
-Yearly tradition of playing hooky to go to the L.A. County Fair
-Peyton started AYSO soccer... we all fell in love
-And Jovie started Joy School with some of her friends and their moms.
-We started playing Pokemon... it kinda became a thing for us the rest of the year
-Jovie also started dance and rocked it!
-Enjoyed Fall, pumpkin patches, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow Show, and Halloween (as a Unicorn (Jovie), robot (Peyton), and characters from Finding Nemo (Wes, Griffin and myself)).
-Thanksgiving in California--- and a great week home enjoying our week off school.
-Celebrated Christmas, Christmas and more Christmas!
-Jovie turned 4 and we celebrated that and NYE simultaneously at Medieval Times!!!! The girls also both stayed up until midnight, which is quite an accomplishment!

And that folks sums up our 2016!!!!!!!!!

No comments: