Sunday, January 22, 2017

Arrrr Matey

The night of the escape room we ended up spending the night at my parent's house since they watched the kids and I planned on taking the girls and my mom to a fun little run in Riverside the next morning. Well, we went to bed late, woke up early and had to be getting ready. Putting contacts in sleepy eyes is no fun and it burned like heck putting them in the morning. Plus I had to borrow an old contact case and saline from my dad because I had forgotten my own stuff. It burned so badly that I rubbed and rubbed and rubbed them trying to help them out. But all the rubbing hurt them even more to the point I couldn't open my eye at all and I was brought to tears. I kept trying to help my eye out with eye drops, flushing them with water, etc. I ended up leaving the house with my mom and girls and just kept my eye closed (it was going on an hour) as we headed to the run. It was burning so bad I just decided being blind in that eye would be better so I took the contact out all together.

This is where things got scary. When I took the contact out it was like a thick film was over my eye and I couldn't see anything. I freaked out! My mom was freaking out! It was seriously so scary. I called Wes to come get me so he could take me to the hospital (I was also still in soooo much pain). Meanwhile my mom agreed to take the girls to the run.

I got there and luckily they got me in pretty fast (it was honestly just soooooo painful in case I haven't made that clear). I saw the nurse who was taking my info and he put numbing drops into my eye, which helped a ton almost instantly and I was sent back to wait for the doctor. Sadly, the numbing drops wore off in about 5/10 min and I had to wait for like 15/20 min.

The doctor saw me and put more drops and dye into my eye to check it out with a special light. His exact words were, "Oh man, you scratched the heck out of the front of your eye." He said there was a big cut right down the front of my pupil. I was instructed to put drops in every 2 hours so as to keep away infection, which could seriously damage my eye permanently; and with where my cut was I was prone to infection. So they bandaged me up, told me to take some heavy meds and sent me home.

I ended up sleeping the day away, thanks to my meds, and Wes nursed me and put my drops in every 2 hours. I was still in pain (they couldn't give me the dang numbing drops sadly) but by day 2 was feeling soooo much better.

The girls had the BEST time during the fun color run they did with my mom. Jovie led the way and they followed her pace. They danced and had a good time. They were so sweet checking on me once they got home.


It all ended up fine, but I looked like a pirate for a day, which was pretty funny.
This was after a few hours once I could keep the other eye open at least. I don't know if you've ever been poked in the eye or anything, but it hurt so bad I couldn't keep either eye open for a long time. I had to walk through the hospital with me eyes closed just opening my left one every so often to see where I was going.

No comments: