Friday, December 30, 2016

The Others

And all the rest of December up to this point...........

First we have not 1, not 2, but all 3 of the cutest kids, well, um, EVER! (Or at least in my humble opinion)
 (This in particular might be one of my all time favorite pictures of this girl)

I've been playing in a woman's over 30 soccer league on Monday nights. It was our final game (for the championship) and I was given the best pass right in front of the goal and my foot got stuck in the turf and I wasn't even close to the shot. I felt so dumb, and don't know what happened. I kept playing but felt slow on every run and couldn't figure out why. At the half I got stuck in the grass again so I finally looked at my cleat, or at least what was left of my cleat, which as you can see wasn't much. Most of the cleats were missing as well as the majority of the shoe. So I took them off and was going to play in just my tennis shoes (luckily Heidi had an extra pair of cleats I could borrow) but I at least understood why I had shanked the shot so badly. Worse yet, when I looked at my other cleat it was basically in the same condition. Apparently high school cleats don't cut it once you are over 30.
 Everyone comments on this kids eyes. I think I can see why!
 Cute little cousins skydiving at Grammy's house.
 Playing with the awesome marble run Grammy got them for Christmas.
 Jovie celebrated turning 4....... more on that to come.
 This boy puts everything in his mouth for holding while he crawls and moves around. He really is our puppy brother.
 These were our dinner dates one night... couple of weirdos.
 Morning snuggles (she was rocking his and singing to him... it was the sweetest)
 The one naughty thing our elf did this season was draw on the kids bananas. They thought it was the greatest thing ever. Made our elf feel pretty bad for not being creative everyday. Just not bad enough to do anything about it I guess.
 We watched the twins one day... Cody is currently in the period of life where he refuses to take any photos. Easton however is still compliant.
 I've mentioned before the lover this child is. She sat under Wes and stroked his head and gave him the smallest of kisses whilst watching TV.
 This boy loves balls. Makes my competitive heart hopeful.
 We happened upon a puppet show at the library one day, which was a dream for Miss Jovie.
 Traditional candy house or train this year. Our elf did bring us this to do for family night. Good ole' Mikey.
 I just love all the small parts of this picture. Wes' creepy eye purposely peeking through. The girls sharing a drink with their Christmas bows touching. And of course the corner of my Polar Pop.
 We were invited to another FUN Amazing Race Christmas Party similar to last year. We were kicking butt through most of it and arrived at the last challenge about 10 min before the next group. However, our last teammate had to do this part by himself, it happened to be quoting movies (um, and Wes and I weren't able to compete... we live for that) and the poor guy apparently had never seen a movie in his entire life. We watched group after group come and go and ended the night in 5th place. But, we had the best time, even if we did lose.
 I am almost done with the year folks.... can you believe it?!

No comments: