Friday, August 19, 2016

Lazy Summer Days

I never knew how much I loved summer and how fast it went until we actually had a school schedule to get back to. I felt like summer just started and it has now ended. But it was a good time while it lasted.

My favorite days are the ones spent outside (as long as it is cool enough or water is involved) and with friends.

We spent many a day swimming or at the beach with friends. The beach is my all time favorite. There is never any whining, or boredom. The kids play and imagine and have the best time. It is relaxing and wonderful to be there. The only bummer is the sandy clean up but even that is manageable when everyone passes out on the way home.

Of course we enjoyed the summer movies nearby, but we missed quite a few of those because we were so busy. My kids loved going though, even if almost all of them were repeats.

Summer is awesome because we actually have time to spend with our family/cousins. My kids don't know the difference between "friends" and "cousins" because they are so interchangeable. And Griffin finally got to meet his Uncle Shaun who lives in Seattle and finally got to come down for a work visit. We also got to spend time with friends we don't see enough who are like family.

Oh sweet sweet summer days. You were so good but went away too fast!

No comments: