Sunday, August 21, 2016

Golf Camp

Peyton did her first golf camp over the summer. It was a 4 day class and she was the youngest. Also most of the kids have played (some have played a lot) before and some were on their 2nd or 3rd round of the camp. This was basically her first formal training in the sport. So I think we can all guess how the week went. But, even with that said, she loved it! I'm glad she's done something formal so now she has a basic understanding so Wes can take her out a little more.

Peyton seems to attract boys. And she is so sweet and they love to impress her. My favorite (well one of them) moments was when all the kids were lined up at the driving range hitting balls. She had a 7 year old and 8 year old next to her. The entire time these 2 kept saying "Peyton look at me! Peyton watch what I can do. Can you hit it as far as I can?" I was dying. Plus, I wanted her to practice.

My other favorite moment also came on the driving range. Peyton was obviously not set up right and she hit the ball. Right into the kid next to her. Luckily he was an older boy like 13, and he simply caught the ball as it hit him. I laughed and then asked the coach to re-position her.

But like I said, she had fun. I guess that's all that matters. Annnnd she looked adorable doing it.

 

No comments: