Thursday, August 18, 2016

Finally the 4th

I can't believe it's been well over a month since the 4th of July. The 4th is truly one of my favorite holidays. I love being with family, the fun, good food, and of course fireworks. This year was nothing short of 2 days of happiness celebrating the birth of our nation. Truly everything good in my life could not exist without that past fight for freedom!

As in the past we started our celebration on the 3rd. Which also happened to be Griff's blessing. So we blessed that sweet boy, and later that evening met up with my family to picnic at the park and enjoy fireworks together. That night epitomizes what I think of when I think of the 4th, because we always grew up with the Westwind firework show across the street from my house. So being with my family under the sparkling lights is perfect.

For Wes his 4th is all about playing outside with some sort of water involved. Which is what we get everyday on the actual 4th. With Grandpa being down from St. George we decided to go to Patrick and Kati's house to celebrate rather than the beach (he had 0 interest in that). It really ended up being a nice day. After their house we went over to Fred and Sandie's to light off our own fireworks. Usually by this point my kids are over exhausted. That night was no exception. They were both inside before we were done begging to go to sleep or already asleep on the couch by Papa.

video

God Bless the USA!

No comments: