Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Showered With Love

My mom and sisters threw me a shower for little baby Griffin. I felt a little weird having a shower since it is baby #3, but the fact that it is my first boy and I literally had nothing for him to wear that was just for a boy prior to his being born made me feel a little less weird about it. I did have about a weeks worth of gender neutral outfits to fall back on though. Honestly, I was sooooo grateful for all the love we were shown by friends and family. So many people came by with gifts for him, and then the shower just topped it off. Boy am I grateful for all the good, kind, loving people in our life.

Keeping to tradition for my showers, I don't have any photos of the night. I was obviously too busy having fun, laughing and enjoying all the people there. But trust when I say it was a good time.

I did walk in to pure chaos as one of the punch bowls had literally just shattered moments before, so it was a rush to clean up and figure out a solution. I was sorry to miss the action though. And of course it all worked out just fine.

The best part of waiting to have a shower until after baby is born is that he has to share the spotlight with me. I was relieved that for the entire 3 hours we were there he just hung out and was passed around all night, happy as can be. I fed him after everyone left and I was preparing to go home. He really is an exceptionally sweet baby. Just loves to be loved.

The one picture I got was before the shower started of me and my boy. I asked my mom to take our photo and am glad I did. He was 2 weeks old at the time. I was happy to be out of the house and have a reason to get ready for the first time since he was born.


No comments: