Saturday, April 9, 2016

31

Earlier this month (the 8th) I turned 31 years old!!! Yikes sometimes I still can't believe that I am getting, dare I say... old? Now I am not by any means implying that early 30s is old. It is just that I feel like I am still in my early 20s, and now that I am in my 30s with nearly 3 kids, it still baffles me is all! Plus I feel like I am still not really ready for all the "adulting" that comes with the territory. I really, really, REALLY don't like responsibility, but alas, I am 31 and it comes with the age.

Now even birthdays get a little less fun with age. Most of my day was just normal everyday stuff. Taking Peyton to and from school, playing with Jovie at home. Dishes, laundry, cleaning, you know the drill. I did get breakfast in bed from my handsome hubby and darling girls which I shouldn't fail to mention. Wes didn't say anything about doing anything until about 1 in the afternoon where he said he had some plans and wanted me to be ready at about 5:00. Try as I might, I could not get more info from him either. I even tried to use Peyton as a spy, but he wouldn't say a word. So on that rainy evening he drove me out to Claremont where we ended up at Buca Di Beppo, which I thought was a funny place for Wes to choose. But the big surprise came as we entered and most of my family was there. Surprise!!! I am very pregnant and therefore a little hormonal and almost got a little emotional as I walked in to see them there. I truly wasn't expecting anything, and to have them all come was a very fun surprise. So, I obviously had a great birthday! One year older, and hopefully wiser too.


No comments: