Monday, March 21, 2016

Sabbath

A few weeks ago I posted this on my Instagram: "Today I found true delight in the Sabbath. Was truly uplifted and fed during our ward conference, where I was reminded of who I am and the purpose of this life; which gets lost so many times by the pressures of the world. I was taught by imperfect people the truth about my perfect savior and his gospel. Then after a wonderful, long and needed nap, my family (me included) got out and enjoyed the beauty of the world, and each other. The most important thing I will ever have in this world (and after) is my eternal family and what a tremendous gift that is. All thanks to my savior and his sacrifice and grace. I will endure happily to receive all that is promised. ‪#‎comewhatmayandloveit‬"

And you know what I meant every word.

Every week I am able to attend church I feel uplifted and edified. I learn something new, and my testimony is strengthened. In the last year or two, I have had some personal experiences and heard the struggles of others that have caused me to reflect on where I am and what my feelings are about the gospel and my personal feelings of what I think and know. The result is I have contemplated more, prayed more, read my scriptures more and grown closer to my Savior because of it. I realized recently I have had some incredible experiences feeling the spirit that I could never deny. I have been touched personally by the priesthood through blessings and know that it is truly a gift my Heavenly Father has given me. I am grateful for this. It strengthens me through trials and has helped me endure hardships. Since Easter just passed and we have been talking a lot about the atonement and resurrection and I feel even more gratitude recently for my Savior. I know what is asked of me, and what is required. I am grateful for the temple and the beauty that comes to my life when I attend.

I will do whatever it takes to keep the happiness that is my eternal family always. These photos were taken on that particular Sabbath and epitomize the joy of the day.



No comments: