Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Angels Camp to San Francisco: Day 6

This was our last official day of vacation and we had to be out of the hotel by 11am. Patrick and Kati and their boys left early (8:30ish) to best accommodate cute napping boys who were not happy too long in the car. But the rest of us were just not ready to be done with vacation quite yet. Besides, it was a day to celebrate as my cute little PEYTON turned 5 YEARS OLD!!! Wahooooo!!!!!! I can't describe to you non-parents yet the truth behind every parent saying you blink and time changes, because seriously, I am genuinely confused how this could possibly be my baby's 5th b-day. I will do a separate post about Miss Peyton and my undying love for that sweetie, but because it was a big part of the day, you will get to see a lot of it here too.

So since, it was her b-day we tried to make it as special as possible. Wes and I went out the night before and got a big poster for all the family to sign so that when she woke up she had that. And I had pre-planned and brought a lot of little presents with us for her to open (we thought we would do it in the car on the drive home, but plans changed as you will soon see). All her cousins helped do "heavy heavy hangover" on her head to help out too. She wished a unicorn upon Brinley, a nice day on another cousin, and I wish I wrote the other wishes down she presented on them because they were pretty cute and funny. Most had to do with what she liked or what they were wearing for the most part. She got goggles earlier in the week that she used everyday at the pool. She also got some new sunglasses she had loved one day we were at the mall. A new "dog" shirt since to say she's obsessed with dogs is a major understatement. A few movies to watch on the long ride home (Stewart Little being one of them, and we also listened to the book on CD on the drive up). Also some little crafts to do in the car and a puzzle for when she got home. It was an awesome morning.

Of course we did a candle and cinnamon rolls in the morning; and since we were pretty squished in the hotel it all happened on poor Uncle Shaun's bed. I kidded with him that in the pictures he looked like a convalescent or something. I am sure he'll just love these pictures, though they gave us a good laugh. Poor convalescent Uncle Shaun.
"Heavy heavy hangover......."
 P.S. We literally woke up and started celebrating, so don't mind the bedhead, pajamas and food on our faces above.

Okay, like I said the initial plan was to go home Saturday. But, we were all having so much fun we extended. And since San Francisco was a mere 3 hour drive we decided to go there. I have to say Jaime and Matt and family made our drive much much easier, well not just to go there but everywhere. Peyton begged and begged to drive in their car, so most trips was just me, Wes, Jovie and Shaun. It was a pretty quiet group in our car. Well, beside Jovie who can talk non-stop. 

I love San Francisco. But this trip was kinda nuts! Parking in lots was a flat rate of $40... we lucked out having to make an emergency potty break and finding street parking for a mere $9 for the whole night. Sheer luck I tell you because the whole city was so slammed there was NO PARKING anywhere... all the lots we tried prior to finding this gem were full. Walking Pier 39 and Fisherman's Wharf was more slammed than a busy day at Disneyland. And when you have strollers and 7 kids that proves to be a bit of an issue, but we made it work and enjoyed our day.

My kids LOVED seeing the Golden Gate Bridge though we didn't get too close. And their favorite part was watching a seagull try to eat a huge fish on top of a car near where we ate.

The best part in my humble opinion was getting a HUGE birthday ice cream sundae to share at Ghirardelli Chocolate... which was also slammed. They brought out the sundae and we started to sing to Peyton. Our group is pretty large by itself, but the ENTIRE restaurant started to sing. It was loud and fabulous... I may have started to cry being so touched that I could not even finish the song. The whole night was wonderful.


We drove the city at night. Played in the arcade, enjoyed the views and had the stinkiest, sickest bathroom experience ever! 

Afterward we drove an hour south to our hotel; Stayed the night and finished driving home the next day. Stopping in Santa Barbara to get our wiggles out at the park and our crepes on! Crepes filled with ice cream might be my all time favorite treat.

The whole vacation was magical! Loved every moment of it! It literally could not be any better than it was!

No comments: