Tuesday, June 23, 2015

The Quest: Part 13 and the search for Nessy

Challenger: Nessy Burgers
Reigning Champ: The Habit/Umami

Because I have waited sooooo long to try this place I was super pumped! My parents, old students and countless others have said this is the best place, and a must try.  I don't know if it was the hype or the fact we have gone in the past only to find it closed and been sorely disappointing, but it did not live up to my expectations.... spoiler alert.

We arrived tired and hungry after a long day at Sea World. It was windy and the only seating is outside. Which is fine, we had jackets, not a big deal. I actually liked that the place is a small little hut off the side of the highway.The bees everywhere did however put a small damper on the seating arrangements as I worried for my husband's life.... he is deathly allergic to bees as seen here.

We ordered our food, and waited... not long, which is a perk to the place. We got our food and took a bite.
Consensus: Fine. Not great, not terrible, just fine. The fries were not good at all. But, the burgers were just okay. Bummer. I wanted fabulous, stupendous, wonderful or marvelous, but it was just an okay burger. The size was wonderful, and had it been "a habit" burger I would have gotten up and danced. But, alas, it was not. It was a huge mediocre burger, with less than mediocre sides. I doubt I will ever return unless someone in my party was dying to go, then of course I would go with them to be a good sport. Because, well I'm just the kind of person who would go so I wouldn't miss out on the company.

So there you have it... another burger checked off the list. And another competitor who has to live with defeat.

No comments: