Thursday, May 7, 2015

April's a Fool

I kinda like April Fools Day. I am not great at it. I wish I were. I don't mind being tricked as long as it is not mean. And I can't wait for my kids to get older so they will appreciate my pranks. Growing up my mom helped us do something most years in elementary school. Whether it was a make-up black eye, or an arm sling she was a good sport.

The one prank I pulled this year actually backfired. We spent the evening at my parent's house. While there the kids enjoyed an ice cream cone. Knowing Peyton (and her love of tomatoes) I thought I would pull a funny little prank I thought she would enjoy. I made her cone and put a "cherry" tomato on top. However, she loved it! After having it with the first bite she went back and added a new one to each new bite. Weirdo.

Guess I will have to come up with something more "prankish" next year. Or maybe pitch the idea to Ben and Jerry.




No comments: