Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Seattle: Part 2

Monday, Monday, Monday. It was a busy, fun, fast day.

Like I said, a major part of this (and really, let's be honest any) vacation is the food. So with the help of Yelp, as well as recommendations from friends and family, we had a good list of places we wanted to visit and more importantly eat at. Our first stop of the day was "The Crumpet Shop" in Pike's Market, which was also just a few blocks away from where we were staying. So we grabbed some umbrellas from the hotel lobby and were on our way. We heard of this place from my brother and his wife who went to Seattle last year. They highly recommended it, but I was iffy. What is a crumpet and how could they possible be very good? Well, the Yelp reviews sided with them, and we thought we might as well give it a shot. This place may be my favorite place we ate at on this trip... though I am not sure because we ate a lot of good food. Crumpets are like soft, sweet English Muffins with air bubbles in them. Stick some sweet or savory toppings on top and it is simply delectable. They far exceeded my expectations.
 Our "get crumpt" look (or if you have no idea what I am talking about... get crunk)

After indulging in English delicacies we headed to the market for some shopping. It was different from what I was expecting, but I am not even sure what I was expecting exactly. We got to see some fish being flung, thanks to the Japanese tour group there. We tasted some local food and again ate our way through the market and round about area. And we saw the real 1st Starbucks, but were not willing to wait in line to go in. And it was the actual first Starbucks not the fake 1st Starbucks we saw the night before... though that was much funnier.

Another favorite, which is a must go in my opinion if you ever find yourself in Seattle is Beecher's. Hands down the best mac' n cheese! We went there twice. We watched them separate the curds and whey, and tried fresh curds (which couldn't sound more disgusting btw), but wasn't too bad in reality.
 

What was truly disgusting was the gum wall in an alley right near the market. I wasn't expecting to be as grossed out by it as I was. It smelled like, well, a lot of gum and it truly made my stomach turn. We quickly added our own gum to the wall and took a photo to prove it, and left that nasty space. I don't know why I feel the need to be part of every disgusting or weird tradition but I do. Part of my disease known as FOMO... you know, Fear of Missing Out. It also might be from my mom who made us spit into rivers, lakes and oceans in order to become "one with them". I did this into the Canadian part of the Pacific from our boat on our cruise, but think I became one with Wes, Ryan and Taryn thanks to the wind. Whoops. I made up for it at Stanley Park where I successful spit into the bay.

And this was all done before about noon. I'll finish our day in a later post.

1 comment:

Annette Todd said...

And now, my dear, you "are one" with Seattle and the entire earth....we are all one :)