Tuesday, March 31, 2015

That's What She Said

I haven't done one of these for a while, so most of these are pretty outdated, but still funny and still worth writing down... for me at least. I know I say this every time I write one of these kinds of posts, but I am so sad I don't write more things down. My kids (from a mother's perspective) are soooo funny and cute. I am so sad I forget so much of what happens. I was just recently watching old videos of Peyton and I forgot what a sweet little voice she had. I have forgotten so much of life when she was a baby. I am such a sap too and it makes me truly sorrowful. I love my kids so much. They are my pride and joy. I want to remember so much because this is the best time! Jovie is at the golden age in my opinion. Everything she does is gold. She talks so funny and cute. Her mannerisms genuinely make me laugh all the time. Her age is my favorite right now. I wish I could have a running video of her.

-This was a while ago but one of my favorites. Peyton came in after being put to bed one night in an attempt to stay awake. She asked for a drink. I said no. She then asked for a snack, but before I could answer she said, "I am going to make this really easy for you to say yes.... a string cheese!" Both Wes and I started laughing. I honestly can't remember if I said yes or no after that.

- While Peyton was in dance class (this was in preparation for her Christmas performance) she tried so hard and her teachers were really sweet. However, Peyt really struggled with a certain move. As I asked her about dance on the way home she was so sad to report that her teacher said doing that move that she "looked like she had octopus arms." I couldn't help but laugh because it was the perfect description. I tried in vain to help Peyton learn that move, we ended up just trying our best and it was pretty cute to see those octopus arms on stage.

-In the car one day Peyton said, "Mom I just wanted to say I love you." She said this with the cutest possible head tilt and smile. I swooned for a moment and thought to myself, I must be doing something right. Not one moment more she follows it up with, "I love my sissy more, but I love you."

-Jovie who is quite the chanter of things, and quite the snacker was chanting in the car, "Snacks! Snacks! Snacks! Snacks! Yea!!!" I said to her, "You sure love snacks don't you Jovie girl?" Her response, "Yeah! And food!"

-Most of the time my youngest loves nap time. Really she loves her paci, but that is associated with nap time so she loves both. One day she was beyond exhausted and fighting her nap. I could hear her as she was laying in her crib crying and saying, "I wanna go ni-night! I tired!"

-And every morning as I walk into her room (her door pops open and makes a slight "pop" noise) she says, "You scared me!" Then follows it up with "I sleep good".

-More recently, like within the last week she wakes up every morning and over the monitor we hear her read to herself and sing "I've got everything that I neee-eed" from the Muppet movie to herself. I would be lying if I said that song now doesn't bring tears to my eyes when I hear it.

-We are still trying to teach our girls how to pray saying new things every time and to think about their day and things they are thankful for. Peyton when she prays at meals always includes and "we thank thee that //insert the food we are eating// doesn't have legs and run away. Looks like we still have some work to do with that girl.

-Peyton one day was rubbing Wes' arm. We thought she was just being sweet until she said she was just feeling his fur.

-Peyton and Jovie one day playing. Peyton ran ahead and blocked Jovie's path. Peyton to Jovie: "Say the magic word." Jovie: "Magic word." It worked.

-One of my favorite things Jovie does is inflict fake (and occasionally real) owies on herself and then run as fast as she can to wherever I am in the house for a kiss. Then she runs right back to play cuz' it's "all better".

-Jovie laying on Wes in bed. Out of nowhere she said "I love ya! You're the best!"

-Recently we were dog sitting for Wes' brother Shaun. Peyton is a dog lover to say the least, and they were quite inseparable... until he escaped while we were at church. But that stressful story is beside the point for this post. Anyway, as I was getting ready I heard Peyton say to Remi (the dog), "there ya go boy ~ that's the spirit!" Seriously, where does she come up with this stuff?

-As we were leaving on our cruise last week (more on that later) I said to Peyton "I'm going to miss you girls sooooooooo much while we are gone!" Peyton responded with, "I am going to miss my fish."

-On Sunday the ward choir sang. Jovie always yells hi to anyone she knows up there, which was Peyton earlier. This time she saw her nursery teacher up there. It took me a minute to figure out what she was yelling but I finally realized she was yelling, "Hi Sister Primary!"

-And the last one, which is one of my favorites is just a couple of weeks ago. We were at the church parking lot riding bikes. There were tons of Roley Poleys everywhere so the girls began walking the curb collecting them while Wes and I sat on the curb and talked. Peyton came back and said I found a whole family of Roley Poleys. She opened her fist and their were 16 Roley Poleys in her hand!!! I got out my phone to take a photo because her entire palm was black from bugs, but once she opened her fist they started moving and freaked her out and she shook her hand off and they went everywhere. It was all comical!

I am sure all parents say this, but what the heck did we do for entertainment before kids?


No comments: