Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Simple Pleasures

One of the best things I can do for my mental health some days is take inventory of the small and simple pleasures I get to enjoy most days. I was thinking this as I was laying on my VERY comfy bed today during nap time. Yes, one simple pleasure is that most days I am lucky enough to nap. It's fabulous. And while I was laying down I was looking out my window at a hummingbird fluttering about. It was so sweet. And that got me thinking about what good weather we've been having lately. And the beautiful flowers I got to pick this morning. I have also been thinking a lot about the gospel and my feelings and thoughts about what I know and I was overcome with a feeling of peace and comfort and that gave me great gratitude to know that I have a strong testimony of Jesus Christ and the gospel. I know that no matter what success I may or may not have outside of the home, my greatest success is raising happy children and being blessed with an eternity together. Nothing in the world is worth that to me. Nothing. I would give everything I own, my life and all that I have to ensure my family for eternity and that knowledge is priceless.  I LOVE being a mom and wife and all that entails. I am grateful for my healthy body that gives me the ability to do so much and have such an enjoyable life. For the first time yesterday I saw a photo of myself and I thought, boy do I look old. But, each year has brought me greater joy and happiness and I am excited for my family to grow and continue to have new experiences with them by my side. Reflecting on the small things that are sometimes strangely easy to overlook is a great help to my happiness. I am happy not because of things, but because of life and the people I am blessed to have in it.


2 comments:

Annette Todd said...

My wise and happy daughter....I love you and glad you have your priorities straight.

Missy said...

Thanks for this post. It was needed for me today.