Sunday, January 4, 2015

Live Oak Tree Farm

We just loved the Live Oak Pumpkin Patch so much and it was so fun during the fall, that we went back to the tree farm hearing it is quite a happening place then too. Not so much happening, buuuuut, we still had a great time. They didn't have even half of the activities going on that they had in October, but it was pretty magical non the less.

Like I said earlier, they had Santa there. And since it was pretty empty there was no line at all. Plus the setting is spectacular!
 

We did some face cut-out photos. One child had to be taken to the car due to tantrums at this point... and it wasn't my youngest. However, once we had a brief time out, good times were had by all. Even our sweet twin cousins got in on the action. Boy oh boy I am so glad I haven't had to deal with twins full time, but they are the cutest accessory. Look at them. Honestly, how can you not be smitten!?!?
 

Wes braved the rock climbing wall after Patrick and Shaun attempted. I am so mad at myself for not taking any photos of him doing it though. I was so engrossed in all the action I plumb forgot. This was no easy wall you guys. Patrick and Shaun didn't even make it half way. But my man did. I think the extra incentive of winning tickets so both of our girls could ride ponies gave him the edge.
 

We also fed goats again. I think because of the lack of crowds these goats are not overfed during Christmas. At the pumpkin patch they were completely uninterested making them way easier to feed. This time around they were nibbling clothes and any other items they could. Peyton was terrified. It was a good thing Grammy was there for comfort. Jovie had no fear and went about business as usual.
 Peyton's grumpy-scaredy-cat face makes me giggle and get annoyed at the same time.

They had some other animals to look at and some hands on activities the boys did while we warmed up the little ones.
 

It was such a fun day. We ended our time there warming up by the huge bonfire sipping on hot cocoa. Oh and we finally got to try a deep fried Oreo we missed at the fair. It did not disappoint. In fact it was better than I imagined. Oh and no one bought a tree. They were way overpriced. Could explain the lack of crowds.

No comments: