Saturday, January 3, 2015

Girl's Night In

We've tried to start an annual girl's holiday baking night with my family. Sure it's hard to cook with 5 people in one kitchen with one oven, a bunch of little girls, but it is still a lot of fun. There are always a lot of laughs, usually at someones expense. But the end result is delicious. I vote mom's candied nuts are a new tradition. I took 3 bags home to give away to neighbors and friends but ate all 3 at home by myself. Okay, my kids and hubby helped a little.

I must also admit I only took one of my girl's. My littlest love has the tendency to be a bit of a pest late at night when she is tired. She would not have let me do a lot of baking and I think it was in both of our best interest that she stayed home with daddy. Peyton was a big help and has become so fun to take places as she is growing. She helped and played with her big girl cousins. It was truly a blessed time. It gives me a great love and appreciation for my family. Times like these truly help us bond together. I am grateful for my mom and all my sisters.


No comments: