Tuesday, August 5, 2014

July Ridiculousness

What time is it?!?!?! Picture Time!!!!!!!!!!!!

July in photos. Because it's easier for me to write about that way.

I can pretty much assure you that most of these will be in no particular order. However, I do know the first thing we did in July was celebrate my Mama's birthday since it lands on the 1st. We went to a little water park by my parent's house. But let's be honest, we could go to a barren field and the kids would have fun being together no matter where they are. Especially these 2 monkeys. 
 
After the park we went back to my parents house to make s'mores in their fire pit in the backyard. Jovie and Tate didn't care about the s'mores, or the play the older kids put on. They were happy stripping down and playing in water puddles. (Tate's picture would be a little too risque to put on this here blog).
I know it may not have been the birthday of the century for my mom, but we were all glad to celebrate Nana. We love her so.

And now for the rest of our July. Or at least some of the parts I haven't gotten around to blogging yet.

Peyton has been really into drawing and coloring lately. She has learned to stay in the lines and use lots of colors. She wanted me to take a picture of her and her coloring pages. If you look closely you'll notice Charlie Brown's ears are a different color than his head. 

Recently Peyton thinks Jovie should start potty training- Mama here does not agree. Most mornings she takes Jovie's diaper off and makes her sit on the potty. Jovie brings the books all on her own. I had to laugh at the look of her sitting on the pot reading a book all before 2 years old. P.S. She has never gone.

I am not sure if I mentioned it or not, but Wes helped Heidi and Ned find the nicest house in northern Fontana. They moved in at the beginning of July, so June was spent working there for Wes. You can see more details about that here on Heidi's blog, but one day (in July) we met them at their new house to do the final walk through. After the walk through we met my parents at The Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner. I cannot emphasize enough what a thrill it is for Peyton to do things with her cousins. So even going to work that day with daddy was a happy event.
my husband the Realtor... call him!

If you follow me on Instagram (apriljaleman) you probably already saw this, but as I mentioned last post, Peyton is a smart, determined little girl. One day she just decided she wanted to learn to hula-hoop. So pretty much all day she practiced and practiced. By the end of the day she got it. I can't even really hula-hoop so I am super impressed by her.

My kids are pretty lucky to have such a good daddy. Actually, it's not so much luck. I mean they should just be super grateful to me for picking such a good man to be their daddy. I have really good taste. ;) How many daddy's sit down around a little table and have Oreo's and milk with their little girls just for fun? This guy does. Ok, it is really a win-win for both of them. But he plays with them, tells them stories, takes them fishing, all without me even asking.

I keep meaning to post about our new place (post pictures and stuff), maybe this month I will actually get around to it. But, I'll give you a little teaser. We decided that rather than make a formal dining area, which we would never use, we would instead make a play area for the kids. I am so happy with that choice. The kids love it and come up with the cleverest, funniest things. Like the day Jovie insisted on being a babushka.

The 2 of them spend a lot of time playing and picnicking in there together.
 

One night Wes and Danny walked over to the lake to take the kids fishing. Peyton and Claire ran back and forth crossing each other to those little steps yelling, "Baby Nutricia". Remember Nutricia (the WIC super hero) from our 4th of July festivities.

Speaking of fishing, we (okay Wes) has gotten pretty into it lately. Now we just have to learn how to clean 'em and cook 'em. And yes my children are in mismatched pajamas (read Spongebob shirt and old Christmas present bottoms).

We did something new this year, which has ended up being one of my favorite things of the summer. Downtown Riverside (right outside of The Mission Inn) played movies each Thursday in July. We only went once and watched Monster's University, and wisely only took Peyton (leaving Jovie home asleep with Hayley). It was such a fun night. We got a pizza to eat while we watched and brought some of our own snacks. The night was wonderful and we thoroughly enjoyed watching a movie outside.
 
 

These next pictures may be a little misleading. We've had like 0 rain this year... sadly. One afternoon we had like a total of 20 sprinkles fall, which apparently was enough for Peyton to don rain boots, earmuffs, pants and no shirt to play outside. She also convinced Jovie to huddle under her umbrella with her.
 

Okay, I guess I can't say 0 rain because we recently had a nice big storm pass through. But I am talking about July here. So we had a few days of tiny sprinkles. But, as you can see that is not enough to stop us from pretending it rains cats and dogs. Peyton feels a single drop and has to have her boots and or umbrella. I couldn't resist these sweet sister photos from our walk to the lake. The. Cutest. Ever.
 

I just remembered another first for us that ended up being another favorite and probably one of the best days of our summer. We spent a day with cousins at The Dropzone in Perris (a new little water-park). My sisters and I bought Groupons for it at the beginning of summer. I went expecting to stay a few hours, but thought my girls would be a little young and not too into it. Boy was I wrong! Peyton went on all the water-slides numerous times and just had the time of her life. Jovie floated around and played in the kid's splash area all day. I was happy though that Wes came with me as the girls were at different ages and liked different things. Honestly, I don't know what I would've done alone. I would have managed but it would not have been even half as fun. Seriously we stayed all day and even played with the idea of season passes. Had we gone earlier in the summer and not just decided to get D-land passes we would have. I didn't bring my phone which is my only camera so you will just have to trust me when I say watching Peyton come down the big fast water slides may have been the cutest thing ever. And we were all so beat that night our dinner was cereal and green beans on plates split between the girls as we sat on the couch and watched a movie in our jammies before bed at 7.

Our summer has not been all happy though. We had to say good-bye to this little cutie as she and her family moved to Utah this month. Boooooo! Jovie is going to miss little Wyatt and we are going to really miss Ashleigh and Andy and watching this cute baby girl grow up. Dumb Utah!
 

One fabulous Friday night we met my parents and the young Todds at Citrus Park in Riverside for some good 60/70s music. Sushi, a dog parade, dancing and popcorn= a grand ole' time I tell ya!
 The only thing Peyton wanted all summer was a snow cone in the park. Bingo!
July also brought:

Time playing with new friends. Which of course means copying them and crying when she couldn't get down. Remember... timid.
 Pioneer day with our new stake.
 Dressing up like Doc. McHarley.
 Meeting Creepy Mouse at the mall after summer movies.
 Date night to Outback and numerous movies.
 Story time at the library (which has gotten better)
And remember that family party I reference for Peyton's b-day. Well, I got some photos from Danny, since he was the unofficial photographer at that event.

Tell me it's not hilarious that Danny and Sarah dressed baby Jane up as a troll doll (pink hair, gem and all) since Peyton always calls her troll baby because of her hair. And seriously, isn't she just a doll?!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

And that friends concludes July.

1 comment:

Heidi Broberg said...

Love the pictures. And Peyton and Asher together...really?!