Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Date Night

Peyton was thrilled when she learned it was finally her turn to go on a date with daddy. So we primped and primed and awaited the time to leave. It may have been my easiest time ever getting her ready in fact because she was so excited.
Once we were ready, there was a ring at the doorbell, so she rushed to see who it was.
Wes had snuck out during photos.
And there was her handsome date, flowers in hand, ready to take her out.
They went to Chick-Fil-A's annual daddy daughter date night and had a blast. And since Peyton is not 18 it had to be a group date so she was joined by her cousins and uncles as well. What a cute night they put on, with tablecloths and flowers as well as a clown who does face paint and balloon animals. No date night would be complete without ice cream either of course.

Peyton cracks me up too. While all the other girls got pretty pink and purple hearts and girly things painted on their face, my girl couldn't choose between Spiderman, a dolphin, a robot or Mickey Mouse. She chose Mickey even when Petals the clown asked if she wanted Minnie instead. I guess one thing I can say about her is she chooses for herself, which honestly, I love.

I'm glad my husband cares enough to do things like this with our children.

3 comments:

Allison said...

That's so cute! What a great dad!

Heidi Broberg said...

I LOVE that Wes went outside to ring the doorbell...so cute! She was so cute and excited I was happy we got to see all the girls and dads (I was in the drive thru lane...lol)

April and Jason said...

soo cute!!