Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Then She Got Bit By A Duck

A few weeks ago Wes had some paperwork in Chino he needed to fill out for work, the job in which I referenced a few posts back. Since he didn't anticipate it taking the hour it did, the kids and I joined him and waited in the car for him to finish. Because we had driven the 30+ minutes, had nothing else that we needed to rush back to, and just happened to have bread in the car we decided to hit up a nice nearby park to play and feed the ducks, geese, turtles and fish. The girls loved being rushed by the animals and even Jovie attempted to throw the bread out to them. Her puny throws usually ended with the ducks eating bread off my shoes, but she enjoyed the show none the less. Peyton who would own every animal we would allow was in heaven, that is until a duck bit her finger.

It was funny. Sad, but more funny than sad. There she was throwing out bread when all the sudden she screamed and started to cry, stating a duck had bit her finger. At first I didn't really believe her, but looking at her finger, I noticed the one she said got bit was covered in dirt. I believe from the ducks beak. I laughed but tried to sound sympathetic. After talking to her and calming her down with the wonderful tool of distraction (works like a charm) we discovered it was more scary than painful. It was also discovered she was trying to feed them out of her hand so it really wasn't shocking she got bit. Now she laughs about it too, so I don't feel so bad laughing as I tell her story.

After the biting debacle we decided it was safer to play at the park. So with a few hungry ducks following we went to the park and spent a while playing there. It was a nippy day, but we all enjoyed ourselves.

I feel incredible blessed to have this time to be together as a family ever single day. I know it is not the typical dynamic but I wouldn't have it any other way.

 
 
 
 Oh and have I mentioned this little miss can pump herself on the swing (when she's not being lazy)?! Woot woot!

1 comment:

Heidi Broberg said...

We have tell you our story...same park...let's just say this...
Asher's privates...
us laughing...
Tate mauled by a goose (a big bite mark on his face)...
bad parents...lol