Friday, January 3, 2014

Jovie's Polka Dot Party

I am with you guys, cute theme parties are the best. You ladies who cricut and cut and prepare amaze me. I on the other hand am no good at it, or the planning in general rather. I like to go to the dollar store or party store the day before and just buy what they have that go together and call it good. So, while I had grand intentions of pinteresting a perfect polka dot party with fun invitations, we made do with e-vites to family members and some themed napkins and plates. But, even without all the extras, we sure did have a great 1st b-day party for my sweet Jovie girl. She had so many people there who genuinely love (and spoil) her. Again, I was amazed by the turn out of our friends and family, and felt very blessed throughout the day!!! I love this little girl, and was glad to celebrate such a wonderful day!!! Happy b-day little miss!

The party consisted of cousins and friends playing together outside and all over my parent's house.


We had carne asada tacos with guacamole, onions, cilantro, salad, fruits and veggies. I have to say the tacos were a hit, and Wes barbecued that meat like a pro!

The weather was fabulous... almost too warm. But, no complaints in that regard. It was super duper nice to sit outside, and eat and play in January.

We then played pin the dot/nose on the clown with the kids. And attempted a pinata, which broke quickly and we ended up giving in and pulling the strings. Lame-o, I know, but you do whatcha gotta do.

After all the fun games the birthday girl couldn't participate in we gave her something she could enjoy. A big cake all for herself!!! And she didn't hesitate at all, just dove right on in. She only cried when I thought she was done and started taking it away. Don't worry it was quickly returned.


Oh... and did I mention I took a zillion pictures, but will only add about 20 on here. Shocking I have more, I know.
Jovie ALWAYS sucks her one finger while she eats.
Jovie=1  Cake=0


And after the fun of cake, we moved the party inside for presents. Which she got a lot of, not a problem except for trying to find a place for them all in our already crowded home. ;)

And to finish off an already fun day, these 2 washed off all the cake in Nana's fun bathtub.

So... 1 was a good year. And while I am sad to say my baby is no longer such a baby, I am so excited to watch her personality develop and get to know her a little better. She's pretty cool. :)

2 comments:

Todd Family said...

oh my gosh she is so ridiculously cute!! and you did far more than I have done for Z's birthdays so pat yourself on the back, it looked awesome!! :)

Sue Carter said...

Looks like you had a great party!!