Tuesday, June 4, 2013

FHE w/ kids: Happy

Our "relief society" (enrichment) meeting tomorrow is about FHE. We are having mini-classes depending on a person's situation on how to go about doing it. So, for example: married couples without kids, older single people, young children, 8-10 year old, and teenagers will each have a special class. I was asked to teach the class that deals with really young kids. I am a little nervous about this... not because of speaking, but because really, we have just started doing this regularly. But, I have been thinking a ton about different ways to go about FHE. So, like I mentioned, my go-to is the ABC book. There is always "The Friend" magazine and those articles, games and online things, then there are the Book of Mormon videos, and countless website with ideas. But, another go-to I decided is the Nursery manual, which I still happen to have, but can also be found online. So, this week that's exactly what we used... the nursery manual. Annnnd, we did the same lesson as Peyton had in nursery on Sunday. Like I said, at almost 3, I think repetition is one of the best tools to help a child remember things.

So, I am just including the whole page of what we used. It includes songs, scriptures, pictures to color and activities.
 If you chance to meet a frown.....
 do not let it stay... quickly turn it upside down and smile that frown away.
 If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands
 if you're happy and you know it, then your face will surely show it...
 (an obvious happy face) : /
 if you're happy and you know it clap your hands.


No comments: