Tuesday, May 7, 2013

FHE: Gospel ABC Book

Yesterday our 2 1/2 year old spent a special day alone with her Nana and Boppie at Disneyland. We picked her up from their house around 7pm and she out was before we got even half way home (about 10 min into our ride). So, we decided to change our Family Home Evening until tonight. And since I didn't get around to planning something we went to our go to book for FHE. This is the book I mentioned we used from the time she was about 18 months until just recently each and every week. It is nice and short and each letter provides a good little lesson for young children. Plus it is personalized to our family. I made it with my friend Taryn at her ward's Super Saturday and then last year brought it to our ward. I highly recommend making one of these if you have young children.

Tonight's lesson.
Topic: Baptism
Song: I Like to Look for Rainbows (one of Peyton's favorites she learned in nursery)
Lesson: B is for Baptism (from the book) Read through message and scripture then talked about how it relates to us. Also discussed what happened and who was there when Jesus was baptized. Her cousin Brinley is getting baptized next month so we talked about her, and her choice, and things to look for while we are there.

B info:
When I turn 8 years old I can be baptized just like Jesus was baptized.

Matthew 3:16-17 And when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water, and behold, the heavens were opened to him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and coming to rest on him; and behold, a voice from heaven said, “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased.”

 Here you can see another page and how we are able to personalize it.

Activity: Practiced with daddy how to get baptized and what would happen
Treat: Baptism blue-berries (chocolate covered)

1 comment:

Courtney Bostock said...

Love it! Do you have a printable file that you made it from or did you order the pages from someone? I'd love to make one!