Sunday, April 28, 2013

Equivalent of a Toy Poodle

Are you ready to let the hilarity ensue? A few weeks ago my dad presented Jovie (IE: Wes and I) with a darling little stripped shirt. It was really quite dainty and sweet. As I looked at it, I began to worry it was a little small. So, like any good mother I checked the tags... I mean we could return it for a bigger size if needed, right?! Wrong! As I looked at the tag I noticed something was not quite right. It said small, breed size and then gave measurements and examples. See for yourself.
Yes folks, this was the tag. And, check out the front. After endlessly teasing my dad on my part and lots and lots of laughter from my mom and Wes, I decided to keep the shirt. I mean, one never knows when a dog shirt might come in handy.

This week the weather has been Summer warm. And that shirt has just been hanging in the girls closet screaming "try me, try me!" So, I did. The plan was simply to put Jovie in it (if her tail would fit) and take a photo to send in mockery to my dad. But, lo and behold, the shirt was actually really really cute. I didn't know how to feel about this. The part that comes up in the front for the dog (to take a whizz) is on the back if a baby wears it and looks simply stylish. I'm sure the designer planned to have it cross worn by both dog and master. So, the joke is really on me, who actually took my baby out in public wearing a Pekingese's shirt.

10 comments:

Pa(m)checo said...

Too funny...and she looks adorable in it. :D

Simple Health Care Savings said...

I still can't stop laughing -- out loud, hard and long -- this is just the best. Welcome to my world!

Sarah said...

I really can't stop laughing! She looks simply dah-ling!

April and Jason said...

Ha ha ha!!! That is hilarious, but it really does look cute on her!!! I would have never guessed it was made for a dog! Did your dad not know it was for a dog, or was it a joke? If he didn't know, how sweet of him to get her a shirt! What would be even more funny is if you were out, and came across a dog wearing the same shirt! lol

Heidi Broberg said...

Just too funny for words...so Dad. Maybe he got his FuBu outfit while he was out...classic!

Andrea Millward said...

Hahahah. This is hilarious!!!!

Andrea Millward said...

Also, i love her face in this picture. It says, "Mom, you are making a mockery of me!" lol

The Hull Family said...

So Funny!! I love it! The shirt is actually really cute, wish you got a picture of the back... ha ha!

Todd Family said...

that is hilarious! and that "shirt" is EXTREMELY cute! ask your dad where he got it...i'll get one for Z! :)

Jill Duncan said...

dying laughing!!! So So funny!