Thursday, January 31, 2013

1 Month Old

Wow! Can you believe it? My sweet baby is 1 month old. I know all I talk about recently is her, but honestly, at this point in MY life all my life is about is my babies. If I am not nursing, I am trying to play and keep Peyton busy... which is a job all in itself. I am desperately trying to establish a new routine, while catch up on sleep during nap time, and keep a small baby happy, fed, dry and loved while taking care of an active 2 1/2 year old. It is a lot of work, but it is so worth it. Thank goodness I have a husband who helps SOOOO much. He comes to my rescue in the early morning hours when I need some relief, he helps all day long and does it happily and lovingly.

Anyway... our 1 month update:

-Jovie sleeps
-She sleeps a lot
-Finally sleeping in her own bed... on her stomach
-Has had a cold for about 1 week now, which makes things hard, and is terribly sad to witness. Full on rattling in her chest, runny nose, and cough. Please people don't go around an infant if you think you might be sick!
-Just starting to make cooing noises and other 'happy' sounds. I am so excited for the next few months and all the fun it will bring!!!
-HATES being undressed and or naked
-Actually enjoys her bath... until she is naked
-Grunts more than cries... though she can wail when she gets going
-Favorite place to sleep is on our chest. Doesn't like to be faced out.
-Loves when I hold her best. I think she knows my smell and what I bring.
-Still is not a great eater. Cluster feeds all evening long though.
-Has slept 5 hours straight the last 3 days. :)
-Okay in the car as long as it moves. Does not like to be in her car seat if it's not moving.
-LOVES the sling, so when we are out, she hangs out in there.
-Likes being outside.
-Tracks us well and is starting to lift and hold her head up more.
-Is a sweetheart... we all just love her to pieces!!!!

I took the girls to have their pictures taken last Friday. Ay yi yi. Jovie wouldn't sleep because she was naked and sick, so we were lucky to get any 'peaceful' photos of her. She had her furrowed brow she has had since birth in almost all of the photos. Some others were hilarious because she was screaming her head off. Peyton for the first time ever was a rascal during photos. She would go cross eyed, pull off her bow, squirm around like crazy, walk like a penguin, tip over, and just was silly in general. If it weren't so funny it would have been infuriating. Needless to say we did not buy any individuals of her this time. Oh well, we will try again at 3 years old. Luckily we got a few great shots that we are very happy with. Notice Peyton is not smiling in these, because her smile was totally goonie that day as well. But, here are my angel babies. I know they are absolutely beautiful and I love them both soooo much!!!!!!!!!!

Jovie at 1 month (almost)
P.S. The fingerprints are from our scanner and a certain little girl, so please disregard.




This is my favorite... I had to take a photo of it because the print I got was too big to scan. But, seriously, it makes my heart melt!!!!!



2 comments:

Robyn said...

They are totally gorgeous!! I remember those crazy hectic days. They are hard but go by too fast.

Todd Family said...

oh my word you do make some beautiful babies!! love those pics! and that first one of jovie is gorgeous!!