Friday, November 30, 2012

A Post of Thanksgiving

So before I let November pass me by (and I still have an hour folks) I need to do at least one post of gratitude.

This year has been a tough one. And I for one am super bad about forgetting the wonderful things I am blessed with, and all the things I have to be grateful for and find myself dwelling on the negative.

But, when I do allow myself a moment to look at my life and see the good, I am overcome with how wonderful life is. I find the times I am happiest is when I am with my family doing simple things. Not when we are spending lots of money or going to exotic places (though I love those times too), but simply when we are together. My little (and extended) family not only bring happiness but true joy. I am lucky to be married to the best, most patient, funny, good looking, talented, kind, and smart man I know. He is honestly my best friend and there is not a soul in the world I enjoy spending time with more than him. It pains me to be away from him, and knowing I get him for eternity is enough to make me giddy. I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and the purpose I have in this life from knowing who I am, where I come from, what I am doing and where I am going. I am grateful for my home, even if it is in Perris. I truly have come to see Heavenly Father's hand in leading us here, to our home at the time he did. I have wonderful friends here and wonderful memories I couldn't have made anywhere else. I am grateful for one working car. Going a few weeks without it made me all the more grateful for what we have. I am thankful for good spectacular friends who have patience, love and endless generosity towards us. I sincerely can say I feel blessed to have such wonderful friends and they will never understand how much they have done for us and mean to us. There are many MANY people that fit into this category and I hope one day we can repay each and everyone in some way or another. I am grateful to be a mother. I have the most remarkable child and now very soon I will get to experience motherhood on a whole new (and scary) level. It is a blessing to be home everyday with her and to have such a hand in raising her to be the tremendous little person I know she will be. Plus I get to laugh a whole lot hanging out with her. I love to laugh.

I could go on and on and on and focus on all the smaller things in life that are so good, but these are the big things that mean the most to me. I could lose everything and as long as I had my family and the gospel I know I would be alright. For those are the things that matter most, and really only matter.

Happy November and Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

Bet you thought I would have a wonderful photo from Thanksgiving this year. Jokes on you. I failed to take even one photo of our family. And sadly (but not really) I don't have any recent photos of us at all. I don't know about you other women, but last month of pregnancy photos.... not so flattering.

1 comment:

Heidi Broberg said...

YEAH! love our little families. So grateful too.