Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Live Oak Pumpkin Patch

Our plans had been to go to the pumpkin patch last Friday with the Brobergs, but last minute we couldn't go. As soon as we made the choice I was annoyed with it. So theeeeeen, we decided we would go to old trusty Cal Poly the next day. Weeeeell, Saturday came and at about 3:30 we were getting ready to go, and as I looked on the website I saw it closed at 5pm. Sooooooooo, after all was said and done we went to the Live Oak Pumpkin Patch (about 20 minutes away) just the 3 1/2 of us. :)

We printed some coupons, got ready and were on our way. Aaaaaaaand, it was wonderful. Thank goodness, because lemme tell ya, it was quite an ordeal for no real particular reason. It just was.

But, we got in for free. Got to pet and feed the animals for free. Took the free "hay" ride (if you can call it that.... there was no hay). But, didn't pick any pumpkins. They were ridiculously expensive. We'll go to good ole' WalMart for that, thank you very much!!! However, just being out in the cool crisp air, and with the harvesty environment all around us, made it so much fun!

I love my family. I love spending good quality time with them. I love all things holiday. I love my man. I love my baby. I love weekends together. I am thankful for the life I have. And am thankful for time together to enjoy the simple things that make us happy. We may not have much, but we have each other. And, for now, that's enough.





 This is a funny sequence. The goats came (and Peyton was being stingy about how much she would hand out)............
 She started to feed them, very s-l-o-w-l--y.............
 This goats decided to take matters into it's own hooves and grabbed the whole cup, dumping it back........
 She got the cup back, empty, and scolded the goat. Wes and I stood back and laughed.












1 comment:

Heidi Broberg said...

You could've had a picture of all 3 of you in a cut out thing...I'm just saying...ha ha ha