Saturday, June 12, 2010

Thus it Begins...

So... after multiple attempts at finding the right color paint (seriously 9 sample paint cans later) Wes and I found our perfect nursery colors and began painting today. We are excited, and it made me feel a little anxious because I realized in about 1 month we will have a little baby in our once quiet house.

After 4 1/2 years of just the 2 of us, I have a feeling this is going to be quite the adjustment. Mercy!

We still haven't bought or done really anything at all (not an exaggeration). But I have a baby shower coming up pretty soon, I am done working the Census job I had, and I can finally put some time into getting myself and this house ready for a wee one. Maybe do some "nesting" whatever that is. I find I am very untypical for a pregnant lady.

Oh, and we still have not come to a conclusion on a boy name... suggestions welcome!

6 comments:

Louise said...

Did you find out it's a boy then? I personally like traditional boy names and think people try to hard to be unique or come up with their own name concoction (spelling?). I know Lafe is different but it's a family name. I thought you were having a boy! Exciting times! =)

The Kneeland Family said...

So excited for you guys. Can't wait to find out whether you have a boy or a girl. Let me know when your shower is. You and Wes will be such great and fun parents!:)

Heidi (Todd) Broberg said...

i thought ella decided on Satan...sounds perfect for the two of you....Ahhhh ha ha

Robb, Rhonda and girls said...

I like Michael. And Jackson.(No,I did not put them in that order on purpose.)
Kristana

Jeanie Doll said...

Since I am from the South I am big on first and middle names sounding good together. I like Jordan James and John Wayne. I love the names Dallas, Jackson, and Skylar. Naming the baby is so much fun. :)

The Hull Family said...

We were married 4 1/2 years when we had Owen and it was a HUGE adjustment!! The best advice I can give you is to find some other "mommy" friends that you can hang out with so you don't start feeling trapped at home. You can come hang out with me any time!! :)
As far as boy names go I have a few that I really like: Gavin, Ryan, Garrett, Nolan, Preston, and Calvin. Naming boys is easier than girls for me!!