Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Only in Perris...

Do the J-Dubs (Jehovah Witnesses) deny speaking to me because I don't speak Spanish. I am never afraid to answer the door because I say "hello" and they say "buenos dias"... they then ask if I speak Spanish. I say no. So, they say good-bye. Apparently, they don't want my kind at their church.

Only in Perris do you see signs like this

on a display case at Burger King (nastiest Burger King ever btw... but the kids love the play place). And, if you saw the toys, you would realize the nobody wants to buy those anyway.

Only in Perris can you go into WalMart on a busy night and hear nothing but Spanish around you. I actually starting counting the number of people I walked by that were speaking English. Out of about 16-20 groups, 4 were speaking English.

Nice!

Gotta love it!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Well the first one could definitely be an "only in Victorville" as well because they do that to me here too. I only wish I knew Spanish just to get to them!!

The Kneeland Family said...

Yeah That is so nice! I know the feeling all to well!

Spencer and Debbie said...

You should come live in the Valley!! I am a minority here! First its the Hispanics with the Jews following close behind. (Gosh I sound racist). :)

The Hull Family said...

OK this is the funniest thing ever, because seriously as I was reading your post about the spanish JW's, some rang my doorbell and the exact same thing happened to me!!! I have never had that happen, but they sure did leave in a hurry when they saw that I was white....so crazy!!

cherisse said...

O I am peeing my pants right now!! That is awesome. April dont lie you know you LOVE perris.

Robyn said...

you're killing me. i second everything you said. it's my life. I always sing the song..."i love perris in the spring time, i love perris in the fall..." it's from french kiss. avoid perris walmart at all cost.

Robb, Rhonda and girls said...

The JWs do that in our neighborhood too in Texas. I count it as a blessing.