Monday, January 11, 2010

Pregnancy Update #1

So... many of you have asked me questions in regards to "the big announcement."

First of all, I feel fantastic. Okay, tired and a little emotional, and I do get headaches almost on the daily. But, with a little Tylenol and a nap I am good to go. I haven't thrown up or even felt close to it. I felt better on the cruise than on any other cruise we have taken. I do have to say, that I blame this pregnancy on the day I totally slept through seminary though. It was the day we found out... I couldn't sleep that night, and didn't fall asleep until 4:45 am. It's no surprise I never, ever heard my alarm go off, and Wes never, ever hears anything before 7 or so. :)

Secondly, I don't think we are going to find out what we are having. Wes really doesn't want to know until the baby is born, and I am on the fence and can go either way. So, odds are he will get his way and I am okay with that. We probably won't tell names either, just because everyone has an opinion and I really don't care what you think about what I like... let's just be honest. But, we also don't have a boy name we love, and I am open to ideas. Not too common please, but not weird where people will be like, "really?"

So, with these things said.. I have posted our first ultra sound. You probably can't tell what you are looking at, so I posted the same photo again with labels.

I loved seeing the heart beat and it made everything feel much more real and exciting. I know I never really cared as much about other people's ultrasounds, but I can totally understand why they were so excited now! :)


8 comments:

Chelsea said...

I'm so excited for you guys. That kid of yours is going to have a really fun life.
And I totally second on everything you said. Who gives what people think. And I admire you fro not finding out. I wish I could do that. Glad it's going so well for you. Hope to see you soon!

Sarah said...

So sweet to see baby Aleman! So, so exciting. Glad you guys made it back safe from the cruise...look forward to seeing you soon!

Jill Duncan said...

I don't know how you can stand the intensity of not finding out what you are having? But I think that it's cool! I agree on not telling names, who cares what others think. and your right about everyone having an opinion! It's very annoying!!
Hearing the heart beat for the first time is such an awesome experience. I'm really exciting for you guys.

So if you don't find out what you are having are you going to have a baby shower after the baby is born? Or have one before and just get nutural things???

Jill Duncan said...

oh and I want to see pictures from the cruise!!!

Sorry my last post was like a novel :)

Molly Jolley said...

we are so excited for you that is so great that you are feeling really good. that makes it nice we just found out that we are expecting our 3rd around the end of august but since both my girls have been 4 days late i am planning on this one not coming til september :) good luck with everything you guys are going to love being parents

Jennifer said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Jeanie Doll said...

First of all, congrats! I could totally tell where the baby was! It is so surreal when you see the ultrasound or hear the heartbeat. Ok ok you guys are going to wait. I won't bug you. LOL But how the heck am I going to get you a good gift? Maybe have your shower after the baby is born? I already have something for you guys that can be for either. Anyway, for a boy name I say Weston Jr. Just because it is unique and cool! :) I am excited for you guys. If you need anything, let me know.

IzzieGuire said...

Oh the thrills of the firstborn! I'm happy that you & Wes get to experience that! It's so thrilling!! Enjoy the naps while you can! :)