Friday, December 4, 2009

Good Reads

So... I haven't read a really good book for a long time. You know, the kind that keeps you up all night, even when you know you need to sleep.

Well... I found one!

The Hunger Games.

Ok, so maybe in terms of language and writing it was just good. But, it was so adventurous, and the action never stopped. I just had to keep reading to find out what was going to happen. It had all the components to keep me entertained. Action, romance, intrigue, suspense, the whole big brother element, you name it!

So, anyone looking for a fun, good book, pick it up and give it a try.

But, don't take my word for it... da da duh! (imagine the Reading Rainbow theme here)

6 comments:

The Bock Family said...

Can I just tell you that I started this book going around in our ward?? Your welcome! I can't believe how many of us have read it now. Maybe you heard from someone else.....but still....crazy!!

Todd Family said...

hey! So I don't read...so I skipped over this post! haha, jk! but anyway...Kev is in Utah going to school at Utah State. He tried transferring down here the past 2 years but still nothing so we figured it would best and quicker if he just went back to where he started. So he's been there since August and I have been working out here. He will graduate Dec. 2010. So yea, I will be moving out there the end of Jan. (but my job doesn't know that yet so keep it on the hush hush!) We see each other about once a month..hence why I am so thankful! :) It sucks, but we do what you have to do. It really could be worse so we are just counting our blessings. It'll be 5 1/2 months of not living together. so that's our story! :)

Amanda said...

Love this book! Have you read the sequel yet, Catching Fire?? So amazing as well! And I know there is going to be a 3rd one, but I'm not sure when it comes out.

Jason and Kelsey said...

hahaha..your line about the reading rainbow theme totally made me laugh out loud! haha

Amber said...

OMG, I was just gonna blog about this. LOVED IT!

Robyn said...

I think I could say I told you so!!! :) Love this book. Katie did tell me to read it. :) Her other series Gregor the Overlander is super cute too! It's aimed at a little bit younger audience, but I was totally entertained.