Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Candy Cane Lane

Last night Wes and I joined my mama, sister Hayley and her little guy Ryan for some Christmas deliciousness!

We headed over to Logan's candy store in Ontario for their demonstration on how they make Candy Canes. It was fun. Crowded, busy, but fun and informative. Quite an experience!

My mom, Hayley, Wes and Ryan in front of the store.

When we arrived people were huddled together outside the window watching. It reminded me of the movie "The Christmas Story" when all the kids are standing in front of the toy store watching the window display.

See what I mean? These kids seriously had their noses pressed up against the glass, watching in amazement.
Well, we bi passed those suckers and went inside, where it was warm and smelled nice, and got right up close to the action.

Ryan and I watching the pot boil at over 200 degrees what would be become candy canes.

This store was darling! It was a cute little old fashioned, ma' and pa' style that I instantly fell in love with. I need to go back when it is not crowded to the brink. Best of all, they hand make all their candy canes during this season.

The owner showing off his goods. ;)

My mom even bought a warm candy cane and let me bend it myself. And, let me tell you, I am one good candy cane hooker!

Before buying an actual candy cane we got hot and fresh samples. I don't even really like candy canes, but these were pretty good.


While visions of sugar plums danced in their heads... now I have a visual of what the devil sugar plums are.

Afterward, we went over to Chaffey High School and watched the local city choir sing and the big band play.

Santa was there with his pimped out ride.

Highlight of this night was definitely NOT the Sunshine Band performance, which was a gentle reminder of why the night was free; but the Young at Heart tap dancers. Which was priceless! I am happy just sitting here thinking of them!

Just imagine a bunch of really old ladies, and 1 old man, tap dancing, dressed like toy soldiers. If that doesn't melt your heart you're a puppy puncher!

We ended the evening with hot chocolate at my parent's house. I seriously l.o.v.e. the Christmas season!

3 comments:

Amber said...

I ahve hear about that candy store. And I have always wanted to go. But have never made it. What a fun night!

IzzieGuire said...

What a fun outing! Merry Christmas.

Robb, Rhonda and girls said...

puppy puncher?! LOL