Thursday, October 8, 2009

Bizarre Moment

So... yesterday Wes and I were enjoying one of the many shows we have the pleasure of watching through the streaming of Netflix onto our XBox360, when I had a weird moment.

Let me start at the beginning.

I love having random thoughts, and embrace the stream of consciousness when they come. I had one of these moments yesterday in the shower. I was thinking of all the things we eat and consider normal. Like birds for instance. My thoughts were something like this. "Why is it weird to eat dogs or cats when we eat chickens, pigs, cows, and all other kinds of animals?" So, farm animals ok... home animals not okay. But, what if you lived on a farm and raised dogs... does it become okay then?" No... of course not! But, then why is it okay to eat a delicious chicken and not a parakeet? Etc, etc, etc."

Weird I know.

Weirder still was during the shown (30 Rock Season 3... A new found love of ours) Tracy Jordan (played by Tracy Morgan) had a moment where he got very distracted. He came out of this "moment" explaining how he was thinking about how strange it was that we eat birds.


So, am I like Tracy Jordan?!

Who am I?

6 comments:

Cacia said...

So funny! My brother said that on his mission in the Phillipines they walked their chickens on a rope and ate the dogs. Guess it just depends on what you consider a home animal :D

Jeanie Doll said...

LOL Twilight zone!

Todd Family said...

Keven ate dog on his mission. more little todo. He went to New Zealand where eating dogs is a regular thing. THey actually raise them like pigs. Kev said his polyneisian companion saw a stray dog and was so tempted to keep him to eat. yes...that is weird. crazy to think about!

Chris and Jenn said...

Seriously, crazy to think about that kind of stuff!!

P.S. I love you and Wes' new picture at the top of your blog! You guys are too cute!

Annette Todd said...

You and Tracy Jordan think alike in all matters......

Robb, Rhonda and girls said...

Dogs are useful for things other than food.